With 15+ years of experience, our team at Aspire Roofing and Gutters has worked with many different types of roofs over the years. In that time, we have found that many people aren’t aware of all the options available to them, so we’re here to rectify the situation. Here are five types of roofs for you to consider:
- Metal Roof- This is an excellent choice if you are looking for energy efficiency. Because metal is highly effective at reflecting UV rays, it can reduce the amount of heat that is transferred to your attic, reducing your energy bills as a result. Metal roofs are also lightweight and long lasting.
- Architectural Shingles- These shingles are designed to give your roof dimension and a beautiful aesthetic that is sought after by many. Architectural shingles are more durable and considered more interesting to look at than conventional 3-tab shingles.
- Composition Shingles- Essentially, “composition shingles” is a fancier term for asphalt shingles. They have been the traditional choice for most homeowners for over a century because of their cost-effectiveness and simplicity.
- Designer Shingles- As you might expect from their name, designer shingles are premium shingles that help your roof stand out. They are thick, textured, and meant to mimic the look of a high-end slate or wood shake roof.
- EPDM Roof- EPDM is a synthetic rubber membrane that is usually used for flat and low-slope roofs. It is highly durable and resistant to inclement weather, not to mention very easy to repair in the rare cases when it becomes damaged.
If you would like to request an estimate or learn more about the types of roofs we offer, contact us today.